Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis (AD) in Children and Adolescents
Children from all over the world experience AD. Studies in the US reveal that the peak incidence of AD occurs in children less than 5 years of age. The prevalence of AD is about 10-15 % of all children.
Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis (AD) in Adults
AD occurs most often in childhood and enter remission in many cases. However, AD is also seen to persist into adulthood or even starts in adults. Most studies reveal that about 5 % of all adults suffer from AD.
Quality of Life in AD
Quality of life is the general wellbeing of individuals, including the physical, mental and social domains of life.
There are many areas of life that can be negatively affected in patients with AD. This negative effect goes beyond the patient and can include parents, siblings, friends and coworkers.
Listed below are several quality of life parameters that can be negatively affected in patients with AD:
- Lack of Sleep and disruption from sleep
- Avoidance or limitation of everyday activities
- Absenteeism from school and work because of their condition
- Increased rates mental disease- depression, anxiety, increase rates of suicide ideation
- High rates of embarrassment about their condition
- Disruption of other family member’s schedule to meet the needs of children with AD
- Increased rates of stress and other mood disorders seen in parents with children with AD
In general, AD is a medical condition that negatively affects not only the patient but other close friends and family. The burden of this condition stretches far and deep. Using effective methods to treat AD is extremely important in terms of increasing the quality of life of the patient and even the patient’s family members. Effective treatment strategies are available that can help you regain control over your AD. The Aron Regimen is an easy to use, safe, and economical treatment strategy that has helped thousands of patients overcome the misery of atopic dermatitis. If interested, please visit us at www.EczemaSpecialist.com to learn more about how we can help you find freedom from your eczema.